Sorry, there are no products in this collection.
Organic Protein Bars to Curb Every Craving
Organic protein bars are an easy way to add substance to your diet. They offer an easy solution to curb any craving or appetite and with so many options on the market, you're sure to find a flavor you will love.
Like all food sold in stores, it's important to examine the ingredients list and nutrition label found on the back of the package to understand what exactly is in the protein bar. When looking for a quality organic protein bar, make sure the label includes:
- Ensure that the protein bar is certified USDA organic. "USDA certified organic foods are grown and processed according to federal guidelines addressing, among many factors, soil quality, animal raising practices, pest and weed control, and use of additives." (source: https://www.usda.gov/media/blog/2012/03/22/organic-101-what-usda-organic-label-means)
- Look for at least 10g of protein (10 grams) in each bar.
- Make sure there is a limited amount of added sugar as this will increase the fat content and calories and make for a less healthy organic protein bar.
- Watch for artificial sweeteners! In small doses, natural sugar is okay, but it's best to avoid artificial sweeteners altogether as they are not organic or natural.
- Lastly, look for grass-fed whey protein on the ingredients instead of just normal whey protein. This is another sign that the organic protein bar is of the highest quality and ingredients. If you are looking for a vegan protein bar, make sure to avoid whey protein as this is a dairy-based protein.
Not only are organic protein bars a great way to supplement a meal or an afternoon snack, but they often can lead to weight loss as your body adjusts to the healthier ingredients and nutritional value. Another popular time to grab an organic protein bar is post-workout. The ingredients found within the bars offer a great post-workout nutritional supplement.
The best part? They also taste delicious! Similar to normal protein bars, they come in a variety of flavors, such as:
- Dark Chocolate
- Mixed Berry
If we had to choose our favorite, we choose an organic protein bar of chocolate chip cookie dough or a protein bar of peanut butter chocolate. No matter what you choose, as long as the bar has quality ingredients, we are confident you will love it.
Are you vegan and wondering if there are options for you? When looking for a vegan organic protein bar, keep an eye out for the following:
- Instead of whey protein, look for alternate protein sources, such as pea protein or brown rice.
- Many times soy can be used as a replacement for vegan foods, be sure to get a soy-free protein bar.
- There are also many organic plant-based protein bars on the market if you look in the right place. Head to your local organic grocery store to find your best selection of plant-based bars.
- As always, be sure to check the grams of protein on the protein bar. When companies are making organic bars, they often add in other ingredients and lose some of the nutritional protein. Make sure there are at least 10 grams of protein in whatever organic plant-based bar you choose.
If you're looking to lose weight or tone up for the upcoming season, be sure to keep a protein bar with you at all times. With their rich flavors and easy accessibility, having one on hand is a great way to ensure you won't grab a not-so-healthy snack due to the convenience.
We suggest buying several organic protein bar flavors so that you can keep things fresh and interesting for your taste buds. This way, whenever you grab a protein bar, it will always feel like a treat rather than a chore. Losing weight or toning up doesn't have to be a drag. Organic protein bars offer a great alternative to conventional dieting and still allow you to treat yourself whenever hunger strikes.
There's never been an easier time to shop deliciously nutritious protein bars. You can find a variety of brands and flavors at your local grocery store or even through online retailers, such as Amazon. Don't forget to watch out for added sugar and always ensure there are at least 10 grams of protein so it's truly a healthy, organic protein bar